Birthstone Chart and Birthstone Meanings
BirthstoneChart, Birthstone Meaning and Birthstones by Month
Since ancient times, birthstones have been thought to possess a magical force that could shield the wearer of the stone. Combining the lucky of the Irish with the mysterious forces of the birthstone jewelry creates a powerful talisman that can truly be a personal statement for the wearer. Learn about the birthstone chart, birthstone meaning and birthstones by month.
What are Birthstones and Birthstone Jewelry?
Birthstonesare gemstones that accompany a specific birth month. Each month has its own unique birthstone and each birthstone has a unique birthstone meaning and historical significance. Birthstones are often worn as jewelry or as a pendant.Birthstones are precious or semi-precious gemstones, even created gems that are associated with each month. Birthstones are considered lucky for their particular months and for those who believe in such things their healing powers are heightened during these times.
What is my birthstone?
Have you ever wondered what stone is associated with your birthday?
What is the birthstone for all 12 months?
- January Birthstone is Garnet.
- February Birthstone is Amethyst.
- March Birthstone is Aquamarine.
- April Birthstone is Diamond.
- May Birthstone is Emerald.
- June Birthstone is Pearl or Alexandrite.
- July Birthstone is Ruby.
- August Birthstone is Peridot.
- September is Sapphire.
- October is Tourmaline
- November is Yellow Topaz.
- December is Blue Topaz.
Our list of birthstones by month will help you understand what each birthstone means and why they make thoughtful and beautiful gifts.
Our list of birthstones by month will help you understand what each birthstone meansand why they make thoughtful and beautiful gifts.
HIstory tells us birthstones have been used since the first century as a way to give good luck on one's birthday. Gemstones are associated with each month and each precious stone has designated qualities associated with it.
The traditional birthstonelist contains older birthstones and is sometimes combined with the modern birthstone list. These stones reflect birthstone traditions, heralding back to the 15th century. It can be noted that many jewellers have differing lists of traditional birthstones.
Birthstone Chartand Symbolic Birthstone Meaning ....
- January- Garnet is thought to symbolize faith, fidelity, and truth. It is traditionally a second anniversary gift.
- February- Amethyst is thought to symbolizing royalty, sincerity and strength.
- March- Aquamarine is a symbol of contentment and eternal youth.
- April- Diamond is a girl's best friend and a symbol of loyalty. It is traditionally given as a tenth anniversary gift.
- May- Emerald is believed to promote intellect and integrity. This gemstone is given for twentieth and thirty-fifth anniversaries.
- June- Alexandrite is thought to be both unbreakably strong and to increases self-esteem.
- July- Ruby is believed to preserve mental health controlling passionate desires, and reconciling disputes. It is traditionally given for the fourteenth and fifteenth anniversary.
- August- Peridot is thought to provide protection, health, and to attract love. It is traditionally given for the sixteenth anniversary.
- September- Sapphire it is said to provide its wearer with spiritual enlightenment and inner peace. The gem of destiny is given as a fifth anniversary gift.
- October- Pink Tourmaline is believed to be protective.
- November- Citrine is believed to symbolize lightheartedness and joy.
- December- Blue Topaz legend says that it dispels all enchantment and helps to improve eyesight. It is the anniversary gemstone for the 4th year of marriage.
BIRTHSTONE CHART RELIGIOUS MEANING ...
In the New Testament, 12 foundation stones were given specific qualities related to Christ:
- Jasper - Satisfaction
- Sapphire - The Soul
- Chalcedony - The Truth
- Emerald - Kindness & Goodness
- Sardonyx - Strength
- Sardius - Readiness to ie for the church
- Chrusolite - Excellence of his divine nature
- Beryl - Control of the passions
- Topaz - Uprightness
- Chrysophase - Sterness towards sinners
- Jacinth - Dignity
- Amethyst - Perfection
BIRTHSTONE JEWELRY GUIDE ...
If you are in the market for jewelry for yourself or a loved one, and are unsure of where to begin your search, consider birthstone Irish jewelry. Give the gift of birthstone jewelry to your mom, your friend or even yourself!