The Celtic Cross is well-known as a representation of Irish culture across the world. Discover more about the beautiful stone monuments’ distinguishing characteristics, origin, history, functions, symbolism, and significance.
Monthly Archives: September 2021
- Couples’ rings are a significant symbol of their deep connection. Whether you choose matching rings or mix and match styles, our illustrious range of couples rings elegantly mixes to symbolize your love. A couple’s ring serves as an engagement or “promise” ring and is associated with a variety of symbols. A couples ring often signifies a commitment to a monogamous relationship and a trusting partnership and serves as a precursor to future engagement. A promise ring basically refers to a pre- engagement where one party promises the other that they will propose to them at some point in the future.
- Popular for over a thousand years, ‘Connemara Marble‘ also known as “Irish Green“is a serpentine-rich limestone used as a decorative face stone. When it comes to the Emerald Isle, the color and design of this material perfectly embodies the natural beauty of Ireland. Artists, architects, and artisanal companies around the world have all discovered the beauty of Connemara Marble from Ireland.
- Sep 22 2021Today is the first day of autumn. The fall equinox will occur today, September 22, 2021, at 3:21 p.m. Eastern. The Sun will be exactly above the Earth’s equator at that time, appearing overhead at noon as seen from the equator. Every year, around the same time, the Sun shines directly over the equator, distributing the same amount of light on both sides of the planet.
- Sep 16 2021If you were born in June, you have three intriguing birthstones to choose from: pearl jewelry, moonstone jewelry, and alexandrite jewelry. Because alexandrite is one of nature’s rarest gemstones, most birthstone jewelry lovers born in this month will gravitate toward pearl and moonstone.
- Sep 16 2021Those who were born in April are fortunate as the birthplace of the Diamond for April. Timeless and immensely popular are diamond birthstones – 86 percent of U.S. pairs, after all, select diamonds as their central stones for engagement rings.
- Sep 02 2021Let’s talk about social media infuencers, those nifty trend setters. Today with the popularity of social media these days trends in jewelry especially, are spreading quickly. Men’s jewelry trends in fashion are on fire as of late. As it turns out men like to accessorize just as much as women. They are taking a lot more pictures of their own curated style on social media showing off their various talents, body art and fashion sense just as much as female influencers are these days.
- Sep 02 2021Gold and gold jewelry has been a treasured commodity throughout ancient history. The first historical evidence of gold jewelry in a society occurred in ancient Egypt around 3,000 B.C. Gold was a highly valued metal that was easy to work with in its purest form. Gold was treasured in Egyptian mythology. Gold and gold jewelry was highly valued by pharaohs and Egyptian temple priests. So important, and highly treasured that the capstones on the Pyramids of Giza were made of solid gold.
- Sep 02 2021What is Karat Gold? Karat Gold refers to a standardized industry unit of measurement regarding the percentages of metal alloy added to pure to to either strengthen it, decrease gold caratage to reduce costs or change it’s color.
- The green is actually caused by oxidation, and all silver will oxidize (it’s also what gives silver a tarnished look). There are some costume jewelry items that cause the same effect. Most of them contain nickel. It’s not poisonous in small quantities but it can provoke a reaction in people allergic to nickel. This “green finger effect” and the tarnishing of silver may also be an allergic reaction to alloy elements in sterling silver or gold.