Monthly Archives: February 2022
- Have you noticed that your Sterling Silver ring has become black or tarnished? Is there a black or green mark on your finger from the ring? There are many chemicals in in every day use and products that can causing tarnishing or green finger. Here are a few probable reasons, as well as some measures you may take to fix the problem.
- Feb 24 2022Discover the History of Ireland Collection Meaning. As we take you on a tour through Ireland's history, you will learn about the significance of each of the 12 symbols.... From the carvings seen on Celtic high crosses around Ireland, going back to the 5th century, Irish silversmith Michael Hillard was inspired to produce the first History of Ireland series, which was first introduced in 1970. Since then, the designs have developed, becoming more modern, but the designer's inspiration and message have remained, serving as a permanent reminder of our collective past. - The pieces in this collection are handmade in sterling silver and have been Irish hallmarked by the assay office at Dublin Castle, as seen below.
- Education, Benefits, Purchasing, and the Newest Styles. Lab-grown diamonds vs. natural diamonds. They both look fabulous and can last forever. What’s the difference between them?
Discover the fascinating history of the ancient Celtic Tree of Life emblem, as well as the uplifting message of regeneration and renewal it contains. The emblem may be found throughout Celtic history, religion, and cultural traditions. The meaning of the Celtic Tree of Life is considered to signify equilibrium and harmony. The Ancient Celts referred to the Tree of Life as crann bethadh, and they thought that it had magical properties.
In honor of President’s Day let’s discuss several American Presidents who claim Scottish and Irish descent. Many people of Irish descent have been known to migrate away from their country for many generations in search of better job prospects and life experiences in other cities, nations, and continents. Following a number of years of traveling, others find their way back home. Some people move away from their home country and start a new life there. Some are elected to the office of President of the United States!
- St. Patrick's Day commemorates the feast day of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, as observed by the Roman Catholic Church. St. Patrick passed away on March 17, 461 in Ireland. You may not have realized it, but he wasn't even Irish. Here are some interesting facts about St. Patrick, as well as some history about his feast day.
- Feb 20 2022As we near the magical Irish celebration of St. Patrick's Day, it is important to get all your ducks, I mean shamrocks in a row. Because it's literally time to get your green on folks.
- Feb 20 2022Throughout time, gemstones have been connected with certain religious and cultural practices. After World War II, diamonds gained popular as engagement rings, although an Emerald or Ruby as an anniversary gift has been around since the Middle Ages. Over the years, the rituals and reasons for giving gemstones have evolved, but one tradition has remained constant: the giving of jewels to loved ones.
- This one-of-a-kind Irish design honors the ideals of Love, Friendship, and Loyalty, and it is known as the Claddagh ring. The question is, how do you pronounce claddagh, this tricky word?
The Celtic Cross is well-known around the globe as a sign of Irish ancestry and tradition.
Learn more about the distinguishing characteristics, origin, history, applications, symbolism, and significance of these amazing stone monuments by reading the information posted below.
Celtic Crosses are a common sight in the Irish countryside.
On any road drive through the gorgeous Irish countryside, you are certain to come upon a Celtic stone cross somewhere along the way. Celtic crosses may be found in practically every one of Ireland’s 32 counties, and they are considered to be symbols of Ireland and its Irish culture. Beautiful Celtic c