Monthly Archives: May 2022
- May 15 2022There are a variety of styles of Irish dancing, such as Irish Stepdancing, Ceili Dancing as well as Irish Set Dancing and this post will attempt to cover all of them in detail while also providing you with a wide variety of additional dance information.
- May 14 2022A selkie is a legendary creature from the ocean that is described as being half human and half fish. This creature is also known as the sea people, the seal people, and the mermaid. They are seals when they are in the water, but as they go on land, they lose their skin and take the appearance of humans.
- May 14 2022What exactly are fairies? And where exactly do they originate? When you question various people, you will receive different responses each time you do so. These mysterious figures have been interpreted as anything from gods to the souls of infants who have not been baptized to an ancient race of miniature humans. They are the protectors of animals and holy natural sites, yet at one time they may have been thought of as gods. They are the spirits of nature. I've always had the impression that the answer was somewhere in the middle. Additionally, as was discussed before, this is contingent upon the culture as well.
- May 14 2022The Irish had the concept that fairies were the reincarnation souls of deceased people who had returned to earth to provide knowledge and warnings. In Wales, fairies were referred to as Tylwyth Teg. Unlike the traditional depiction of fairies, locals in Wales thought that these “ancestor” spirits stood more than 6 feet tall.
Dive into the captivating world of Irish mythology and explore the legend of the Leprechaun - the iconic and mysterious figure of Irish folklore. Discover the origins, stories, and beliefs surrounding these mischievous beings, and learn about their significance in Irish culture. Read on to unveil the secrets of the Leprechaun legend and uncover the magic of Irish mythology.
- May 14 2022Even though the first day of summer does not arrive until June 1st with the summer solstice on June 21st, ancient Celts believed that the month of May, which they celebrated as Lá Bealtaine, marked the beginning of summer. And who wouldn’t welcome the arrival of summer a little bit earlier? Continue reading to learn more about this ancient Celtic festival and the rituals that are still practiced in Ireland to this very day.
- May 13 2022One of life’s major milestones, graduation ceremonies provide an opportunity to pause, take stock, and experience pride for the accomplishment of one’s goals while also looking forward to what lies ahead. Graduation has traditionally been marked with the exchange of heirloom jewelry as a means of expressing pride in the graduate’s accomplishments and optimism regarding their future.
- Claddagh rings are a symbol of love and friendship in Ireland. The ring consists of two hands holding a heart between them.
- May 02 2022The affection and gratitude we have for our moms and grandparents is something we feel on a daily basis. However, it should come as no surprise that the practice of designating a particular day has spread throughout the world.