It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Celtic symbols and the meanings they represent are deeply ingrained in Irish history and culture. The ancient Celts carried several symbols with them to Ireland, including the Celtic Knot and the Celtic Cross. These symbols date back thousands of years. The following list provides explanations of some of the most well-known Celtic symbols.
Celtic Knot Meanings
- The trinity knot is a Celtic and early Christian symbol unity and eternity that has evolved into a modern symbol of love everlasting. During the Celtic Revival in the 1800s the unending knot, or triquetra over time become a romantic symbol of never ending and eternal love, that can transcend time.
- The Celtic Triskele Wedding Ring in 14K gold is inspired by the wonderful illustrations from the Book of Kells. This is a superior quality ring, with exquisite embossing and intricate Celtic triskele pattern flows seamlessly around the entire band. This is a great unisex Celtic Triskele Wedding Ring is made in comfort fit with a lovely soft dome shape. This is a ring that you would be proud to wear on your wedding day and made to last a lifetime.
- Jun 23 2021The trinity knot is a Celtic and early Christian symbol unity and eternity that has evolved into a modern symbol of love everlasting. During the Celtic Revival in the 1800s the unending knot, or triquetra over time become a romantic symbol of never ending and eternal love, that can transcend time.
- So in order to understand what is a triquetra or trinity knot you must know the meaning and origins. The Celtic trinity knot is also known as a trefoil knot, or a triquetra. It is an iconic Celtic knot symbol has three interconnected "leaves" creating a knot that can't be untied.
- The definition of Family is - "the basic unit in society traditionally consisting of two parents rearing their children; also : any of various social units differing from but regarded as equivalent to the traditional family." according to the Merrian Webster Dictionary.
- Mother’s Day is right around the corner! But this Mother’s Day feels different, special and her Mothers Day Gift should be special, too. Whether you’re celebrating yourself, gifting to that special mom or mother figures in your life finding truly one-of-a-kind item can make all the difference. Your mother is your best friend and certainly your biggest fan always. Show her, and all the important women in your life, you love just how much you care with the perfect Gift for Mother’s Day.
- Mar 05 2021
While the exact origins of Celtic Knots in ancient Celtic Jewelry are lost to time scholars largely believe these Celtic symbols more than likely date to around 500 BC. Celtic knots and Celtic knot artwork images have been found carved and drawn on ancient Celtic architecture, art and in illuminated manuscripts like the Book of Kells. The first ancient examples ofÂ Celtic Jewelry are
Throughout history of the Celtic Knot and its meaning have been an important part of Irish heritage and culture. Many Celtic knots have been used as artwork by the ancient Celts to decorate monuments, Celtic jewelry and important manuscript works such as the Book of Kells. Celtic knots and their meanings have long been associated with traditional Irish culture and adorned many things like Celtic jewelry even to this day.
- Traditional Irish wedding traditions date far back in time and many have survived for decades in one form or another today. These Irish wedding traditions include classic Men’s Celtic wedding ring designs. The designs to the Celtic Wedding Rings are rooted in nature came from folklore and superstitions for generations. passed on generations.