Among the passage tombs and megalithic structures that may be discovered at Bru Na Boinne, which is a holy site located in County Meath along the banks of the River Boyne, Newgrange is the most significant one. The monument is located on a small hill on a bend in the river approximately five miles inland from the ancient Norman city of Drogheda and a couple of miles upstream from the site of the Battle of the Boyne. Both of these locations are roughly the same distance from the mouth of the river.
- Jul 01 2022Make Their Birthday Extra Special With July Birthstone Jewelry. Learn more about the ruby, which is the birthstone for July. Discover the significance of the ruby, which is the birthstone for July, as you shop for stunning ruby jewelry at The Irish Jewelry Company.
- This summer, make a splash with the help of this incredible Summer Gift Guide’s collection of summer presents that are sure to please. Make it easier to purchase for special occasions like birthdays, marriages, and graduations. using this helpful guide to selecting and purchasing summer presents for that one special someone!
- The Irish Wolfhound is a historic breed of sighthound dog that originates in Ireland. Due to its presence and significant size, the Irish Wolfhound has been the subject of several works of literature, poetry, and folklore. The towering statue of the Irish wolfhound is one of the breed’s most distinguishing features. The Irish Wolfhound is a type of dog that may grow to be as large as a miniature pony and is considered to be one of the tallest breeds in the world.
- Jun 27 2022In mid-June of 2022 Ireland will be conducting a census of sots to determine the age of the country’s population. It is called The Irish LongituDinal Study on Ageing or TILDA. TILDA, which stands for the Irish Longitudinal Research on Ageing, is a large-scale, nationally representative, longitudinal project on ageing in Ireland. The ultimate goal of this study is to make Ireland the greatest location in the world to grow old.
- Perhaps one of the best-known symbols of Ireland is the Irish flag. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why the flag of the Republic of Ireland is called the tricolor. The Irish flag consists of three different colors. The flag is a rectangle with three broad vertical stripes in the colors green, white, and orange.
- Jun 26 2022Are you planning a trip this year to Ireland? If so you will definitely want to check out this list of must-see Irish pubs in Ireland. It is imperative that you pay a visit to these fabulous Irish pubs and bars at least once in your lifetime in order to experience traditional Irish music, the warmth of Irish hospitality, Irish beers, and much more.
- Although there are a great number of gods and goddesses that are well known, Dagda, Brigid, and Queen Mebh are probably the gods and goddesses that are the most well-known in modern times. In our expert opinion the best know Celtic Gods are as follows.
- The art of storytelling as well as the Irish language has a long and storied history in the country of Ireland. This is the result of a confluence of events, the first of which is that our one-of-a-kind language, which was in use a very long time before the English language was developed, has demonstrated the significance of preserving one’s customs and culture.
- Irish wedding blessings vows and toasts for a joyful couple on their special day, the day of their wedding. Bless the newlyweds with these Irish expressions of well wishes as they embark on their new life together.