So, how do you say “I love you” in Irish? A word-for-word translation is not the most practical method of expressing your affection. Learning a few words and phrases rather than translating them is a lot simpler and more efficient method. It may take some time to master the Irish pronunciation of the phrase “I love you.” It’s possible to modify the sound of Irish letters by the letters adjacent to them, since many letters in the language are silent. The good news is that each sentence is followed by an explanation of how to pronounce it.
- "God made a wonderful mother, A mother who never grows old: he made her smile of the sunshine, And he molded her heart of gold; In her eyes He placed bright shining stars, In her cheeks fair roses you see; God made a wonderful mother, And He gave that dear mother to me." ~ Pat O'Reilly, Excerpt from his poem Wonderful Mother
- Apr 04 2015May God bless you at Easter, and keep you all year through. May God give you all the faith you need, to make your dreams come true. May His love and wisdom always help, to guide you on your way. May His light shine down upon you now, to bless your Easter Day. -Author Unknown
- Apr 03 2015Easter is an import religious holiday in Ireland. Ireland has many traditions for celebrating Easter including some of which have derived old Celtic practices having more to do with agricultural calendar. You see Easter falls during spring time coinciding with the Vernal Equinox.
- Apr 03 2015Here are some of Ireland's old Easter traditions and Irish Easter Preparations: Let the Spring cleaning begin. Time to clean your house thoroughly inside and out or in Ireland if you had a thatched cottage it would be time to apply the whitewash. Like here in the states you would shop for new clothes for Easter or your Sundays best.
- Oct 18 2014This is what I'm fixing to make tonight. How about you? Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a meat pie with a crust of mashed potato. The term cottage pie is known to have been in use in 1791, when the potato was being introduced as an edible crop affordable for the poor. (The term "cottage" meaning a modest dwelling for rural workers). In early cookery books, the dish was a means of using leftover roasted meat of any kind (it was a recipe to re-purpose left overs) , and the pie dish was lined with mashed potato as well as having a mashed potato crust on top.
- May 31 2014Mother Mary, during this the fairest month of all the year, may we always remember that you reveal to us the mother love of God and that the image of Madonna and child is also an image of God and us.
- Read some great Irish Blessing , Irish Toast and Irish Sayings for Saint Patrick's Day. May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay with you all the year long. May your troubles be less and your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness come through your door.