The countdown to Christmas morning has begun! We’ve been getting a lot of inquiries about Claddagh Jewelry exclusively designed in our studio. For your convenience, I’ve compiled a quick and concise Claddagh gift guide of our most popular Claddagh Designs to make your shopping experience as stress-free as possible.
- Nov 16 2021The Irish Jewelry Company 2021 holiday gift guide aims to make Christmas shopping personal, thoughtful, and more than a little memorable. Find the perfect Christmas gift for everyone on your list in 2021, no matter your budget and enjoy free gift wrapping and free shipping order orders over $150.
One of Ireland's unique and darker traditions, celebrated on December 26th, relates to killing a small bird in revenge for betraying St Stephen.
"Hunting the Wren" is an Irish tradition that is believed to pre-date Christian times. It sounds pretty cruel, where basically the tiny bird is captured, killed and tied to a pole. Local musicians and dancers would then dress in garish disguises and go house to house collecting money, food and drink for a party. Woe betide the house that did not donate to the cause “ the wren " could be buried outside their door which would bring 12 months of bad luck!
King of the Birds or Traitor of Saints??
The wren is considered the "King of the Birds" and is also associated with the o
- Nov 08 2020The Christmas Season in Ireland is a special time to celebrate faith and show our loved ones at home and afar how much you care. Celebrate the Christmas season in style with our stunning range of Irish Christmas gifts for Christmas at The Irish Jewelry Company. Surprise delighted friends and family with an Irish Christmas Gift of quality and distinction delivered directly to their door anywhere in the world.
- Nov 17 2015Learn all you need to know about these great Irish Christmas traditions, including as the candle in the window, holly wreaths, the Laden table, and the Wren Boy parade, in this informative guide.
- Nov 15 2015Christmas is a special time to celebrate and show that special loved one at home and afar how much you appreciate and love them. What better little gift than a peice of jewelry in someone specials stocking. Celebrate the Christmas season in style with our stunning range of Irish Jewelry Christmas gifts and Celtic Jewelry for Christmas at The Irish Jewelry Company.
- Ireland is a magical country, filled with old Irish traditions and folklore dating back many years. Christmas in Ireland is an especially magical time of year. Many Irish Christmas traditions have become part of the Christmas celebration of many nationalities and have made their way into main stream American Christmas customs.
- Dec 22 2014Saint Stephen's Day is celebrated on 26 December in Ireland. St. Stephen's Day (LÃ¡ FhÃ©ile StiofÃ¡in), or the Day of the Wren (LÃ¡ an DreoilÃn), is an occasion to commemorate the life of St Stephen, a Christian martyr. Most people in Ireland today spend the day quietly with close friends or family.
- Dec 19 2014During Penal Times there was once a plot in a village against the local soldiers. They were surrounded and were about to be ambushed when a group of wrens pecked on their drums and awakened the soldiers. The plot failed and the wren became known as ‘The Devil’s bird’.