The Claddagh ring is a famous Irish ring with a love story that transcends time. The story of the Claddagh Ring is one of enduring love that began long, long ago in 1675 in the small fishing village of Claddagh in County Galway, Ireland. It all began when a young lad by the name Richard Joyce. The Joyce family is one of the famous Tribes of Galway. An Irish fisherman who was very much in love with an enchanting Irish lass he was hoping to one day betroth. Unfortunately he was captured at sea by pirates from Algeria. The wicked pirates sold Richard
- Nov 08 2020The Christmas Season in Ireland is a special time to celebrate faith and show our loved ones at home and afar how much you care. Celebrate the Christmas season in style with our stunning range of Irish Christmas gifts for Christmas at The Irish Jewelry Company. Surprise delighted friends and family with an Irish Christmas Gift of quality and distinction delivered directly to their door anywhere in the world.
- Nov 07 2020Popular consensus would say that 2020 has been a difficult year for the entire wedding industry. From postponed ceremonies to all together canceled wedding celebrations all over the world. It has been a year that has brought about many forced changes especially to the bridal industry and to the modern bride's event planning.
- Nov 01 2020
An Irish promise ring or poesy ring is given to symbolize love, faith and commitment. A promise ring is usually worn on the ring finger of the left hand. This Irish promise ring or "poesy ring" is truly a tribute to the expressive and passionate Irish spirit. So pledge your love the Irish way with a promise ring!
- Oct 30 2020Historians believe Celtic clans first settled in Germany and Austria from near 1,200BC. The clans were a society of agriculturalists and soldiers. It is believed around the time of the 4th and 3rd centuries BC, the Celts migrated south across France and to the Iberian Peninsula. It was around 500BC when the Celts first arrived in Britain and Ireland.
A birthstone chart and list of birthstones by month will help you understand what each birthstone means and why they make thoughtful and beautiful gifts.
History tells us birthstones have been used since the first century as a way to give good luck on one's birthday. Gemstones are associated with each month and each precious stone has designated qualities associated with it.
- In Celtic mythology, the Cat is a beast that is both adored and despised. Those in search of otherworldly abilities sought him, but not in a kind or compassionate way. For those who were fearful of supernatural forces believed to exist outside of the church, the cat was a sign that the devil's hand was close at hand. This idea would eventually grow so widespread that merely possessing a cat would be seen as extremely hazardous.
- Sep 26 2020
Irish Wit and Wisdom and The Strength of Friendship...
There has been a very long standing Irish tradition and understanding of the beautiful power and strength of friendship. The bonds of a Celtic friendship are a very spiritual connection that emphasizes the mutual importance of truth and trust between two friends.
What is the meaning of the Celtic Friendship knot symbol?
- Have you ever seen an authentic Claddagh Ring? Chances are if you are Irish or you have taken a trip to Ireland you have seen this beautiful and unique piece of Irish jewelry.
- Sep 18 2020The Celtic cross is one of the most revered symbols of Ireland and of Irish culture. Few symbols are as renowned as the embodiment of Celtic Christianity like the Celtic cross worldwide. The Celtic Cross is basically a Latin cross with a circle of light, or a halo intersecting it. This cross also known as the Irish cross or the cross of Iona is a famous Christian symbol that has its roots in paganism. The cross with a circle of light emerged in France and Britain in the middle ages and predates Christianity. It was adopted by Irish missionaries from the 9th through the 12th centuries.