- Have you noticed that your Sterling Silver ring has become black or tarnished? Is there a black or green mark on your finger from the ring? There are many chemicals in in every day use and products that can causing tarnishing or green finger. Here are a few probable reasons, as well as some measures you may take to fix the problem.
- Education, Benefits, Purchasing, and the Newest Styles. Lab-grown diamonds vs. natural diamonds. They both look fabulous and can last forever. What’s the difference between them?
- Sep 02 2021What is Karat Gold? Karat Gold refers to a standardized industry unit of measurement regarding the percentages of metal alloy added to pure to to either strengthen it, decrease gold caratage to reduce costs or change it’s color.
- The green is actually caused by oxidation, and all silver will oxidize (it’s also what gives silver a tarnished look). There are some costume jewelry items that cause the same effect. Most of them contain nickel. It’s not poisonous in small quantities but it can provoke a reaction in people allergic to nickel. This “green finger effect” and the tarnishing of silver may also be an allergic reaction to alloy elements in sterling silver or gold.
- Aug 15 2021Sterling silver is a commonly used precious metal for jewelry for its affordability and for it is lustrous color, versatility, and durability. Sterling silver is commonly used in Irish Jewelry like claddagh rings. But beautiful sterling silver jewelry requires good care or it could tarnish, losing its shine and luster.
- Aug 15 2021Summer weather and all that comes with the excitement of the season can be very hard on jewelry of all kinds. Protecting your jewelry from the harsh summer elements and outdoor activities are every important part of your jewelry care routine. So as your pack up for your summer vacation or plan on that summer hike or even taking a trip to the beach, you should learn the best ways to care for your jewelry this summer in order to maintain its beauty!
- Jun 17 2021
Consumers often asked what is the average, or normal ring size for a woman? I guess this is because men most often are the purchasers of rings for their partners. Especially when purchasing engagement rings and Celtic wedding band sets. Typically your engagement and wedding rings will likely become your most frequently worn rings your life, so getting the right fit is paramount. Jewelers may see a huge diversity of sizes in orders from customers around the world. However typically in the US that the average ring size for women is Size 7 and the average ring size for men is Size 10.