- Jul 11 2022The Celtic cross is one of the most well-known Irish symbols and Celtic symbols. Other well-known examples are the Claddagh and the harp. They are significant reminders of our ancestry since they are steeped in history. It’s possible that their history, significance, and symbolism may blow your mind!
- Among the passage tombs and megalithic structures that may be discovered at Bru Na Boinne, which is a holy site located in County Meath along the banks of the River Boyne, Newgrange is the most significant one. The monument is located on a small hill on a bend in the river approximately five miles inland from the ancient Norman city of Drogheda and a couple of miles upstream from the site of the Battle of the Boyne. Both of these locations are roughly the same distance from the mouth of the river.
- Jun 28 2022Have you heard of people of Irish descent as “Black Irish.” But have you ever stopped to think about where it originates? The phrase “Black Irish” has been in use for hundreds of years, and several brands of Irish whiskey. The term “black Irish” refers to persons of Irish descent who are supposed to be descendants of the Spanish Armada.
The Irish Wolfhound is a historic breed of sighthound dog that originates in Ireland. Due to its presence and significant size, the Irish Wolfhound has been the subject of several works of literature, poetry, and folklore. The towering statue of the Irish wolfhound is one of the breed’s most distinguishing features. The Irish Wolfhound is a type of dog that may grow to be as large as a miniature pony and is considered to be one of the tallest breeds in the world.
- Perhaps one of the best-known symbols of Ireland is the Irish flag. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why the flag of the Republic of Ireland is called the tricolor. The Irish flag consists of three different colors. The flag is a rectangle with three broad vertical stripes in the colors green, white, and orange.
- Jun 26 2022Are you planning a trip this year to Ireland? If so you will definitely want to check out this list of must-see Irish pubs in Ireland. It is imperative that you pay a visit to these fabulous Irish pubs and bars at least once in your lifetime in order to experience traditional Irish music, the warmth of Irish hospitality, Irish beers, and much more.
- May 14 2022Even though the first day of summer does not arrive until June 1st with the summer solstice on June 21st, ancient Celts believed that the month of May, which they celebrated as Lá Bealtaine, marked the beginning of summer. And who wouldn’t welcome the arrival of summer a little bit earlier? Continue reading to learn more about this ancient Celtic festival and the rituals that are still practiced in Ireland to this very day.
- Peaceful Cottage is an Irish self-catering cottage in County Mayo in the West of Ireland. Centrally located to all the best attractions Ireland has to offer. It's an Irish country cottage experience for the whole family. Enjoy the luck of the Irish for as long as you stay.