St. Valentine's Day
- Sep 16 2022Certain words such as grá, have been praised in music, poetry, and the art of ordinary speech in Ireland ever since the first lines were inscribed on Ogham stones. These words have been held in high regard ever since the beginning of Irish history.
- Sep 13 2022
The stunning Celtic term “Anam Cara” may be roughly translated as “Soulmate,” and it refers to a person’s soul mate. ‘Anam’ is the Irish Gaelic term for soul, and ‘cara’ is the translation of the word for friend in Irish (Gaelic). The phrase “soul friend” comes directly from the translation. It does not just depict the coming together of two souls; rather, it expresses a connection that is highly particular and unique between two individuals.
- Claddagh rings are a symbol of love and friendship in Ireland. The ring consists of two hands holding a heart between them.
- This one-of-a-kind Irish design honors the ideals of Love, Friendship, and Loyalty, and it is known as the Claddagh ring. The question is, how do you pronounce claddagh, this tricky word?
- Feb 05 2022So, how do you say “I love you” in Irish? A word-for-word translation is not the most practical method of expressing your affection. Learning a few words and phrases rather than translating them is a lot simpler and more efficient method. It may take some time to master the Irish pronunciation of the phrase “I love you.” It’s possible to modify the sound of Irish letters by the letters adjacent to them, since many letters in the language are silent. The good news is that each sentence is followed by an explanation of how to pronounce it.
- Valentine’s Day is almost here! Not sure what to get that special someone in your life? Or maybe you just want to spoil yourself? Or perhaps you’re wondering what to get for Valentine’s Day last-minute? We’ve put together a list of some pretty cool gifts for him and her to inspire you!
- Everyone is on the hunt for that perfect Valentine’s gift when the same old flowers and fattening chocolate just is not going to cut it. Especially after the year we all had in 2020. The pandemic has given people a newfound or renewed appreciation for our relationships, a spiritual awakening and has left us in search of a deeper meaning in everything. So, we recommend instead of giving the same old boring thoughtless gift why not give a beautiful piece of Celtic jewelry steeped in sentimental meaning, tradition, and spiritualism. Women of all ages love a nice piece of jewelry, especially something that was thoughtfully selected with meaning.
Everyone knows that Galway, Ireland is the birthplace of the Claddagh Ring. However not everyone knows that this romantic symbol of Irish love originated first with the Romans.
Claddagh Rings are world renowned, and are worn by both men and women, single or taken. Irish Claddagh rings are named for the ancient fishing village of Claddagh, near Galway, Ireland, dating back to the 17th century. The Claddagh ring in Irish is fÃ¡inne Chladaigh and is a traditional Irish ring which represents love, l