Travel to Ireland
Our complete travel guide to Ireland will provide you with all of the information you want in order to plan a trip to the beautiful locations that can be found on the island of Ireland. Learn how to make the most of your time in Ireland by consulting The Irish Jewelry Company's travel guide, which includes information on when to go, what to do, Ireland's most breathtaking views, and the top things to do in Ireland.
- Jul 11 2022The Celtic cross is one of the most well-known Irish symbols and Celtic symbols. Other well-known examples are the Claddagh and the harp. They are significant reminders of our ancestry since they are steeped in history. It’s possible that their history, significance, and symbolism may blow your mind!
- Among the passage tombs and megalithic structures that may be discovered at Bru Na Boinne, which is a holy site located in County Meath along the banks of the River Boyne, Newgrange is the most significant one. The monument is located on a small hill on a bend in the river approximately five miles inland from the ancient Norman city of Drogheda and a couple of miles upstream from the site of the Battle of the Boyne. Both of these locations are roughly the same distance from the mouth of the river.
- Jun 28 2022Have you heard of people of Irish descent as “Black Irish.” But have you ever stopped to think about where it originates? The phrase “Black Irish” has been in use for hundreds of years, and several brands of Irish whiskey. The term “black Irish” refers to persons of Irish descent who are supposed to be descendants of the Spanish Armada.
The Irish Wolfhound is a historic breed of sighthound dog that originates in Ireland. Due to its presence and significant size, the Irish Wolfhound has been the subject of several works of literature, poetry, and folklore. The towering statue of the Irish wolfhound is one of the breed’s most distinguishing features. The Irish Wolfhound is a type of dog that may grow to be as large as a miniature pony and is considered to be one of the tallest breeds in the world.
- Jun 27 2022In mid-June of 2022 Ireland will be conducting a census of sots to determine the age of the country’s population. It is called The Irish LongituDinal Study on Ageing or TILDA. TILDA, which stands for the Irish Longitudinal Research on Ageing, is a large-scale, nationally representative, longitudinal project on ageing in Ireland. The ultimate goal of this study is to make Ireland the greatest location in the world to grow old.
- Perhaps one of the best-known symbols of Ireland is the Irish flag. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why the flag of the Republic of Ireland is called the tricolor. The Irish flag consists of three different colors. The flag is a rectangle with three broad vertical stripes in the colors green, white, and orange.
- Jun 26 2022Are you planning a trip this year to Ireland? If so you will definitely want to check out this list of must-see Irish pubs in Ireland. It is imperative that you pay a visit to these fabulous Irish pubs and bars at least once in your lifetime in order to experience traditional Irish music, the warmth of Irish hospitality, Irish beers, and much more.
Ireland's Republic of Ireland's County Meath has the little town of Kells. The four New Testament gospels are included in the Book of Kells, also known as the Book of Columba, along with additional manuscripts.
- May 14 2022What exactly are fairies? And where exactly do they originate? When you question various people, you will receive different responses each time you do so. These mysterious figures have been interpreted as anything from gods to the souls of infants who have not been baptized to an ancient race of miniature humans. They are the protectors of animals and holy natural sites, yet at one time they may have been thought of as gods. They are the spirits of nature. I've always had the impression that the answer was somewhere in the middle. Additionally, as was discussed before, this is contingent upon the culture as well.