The lucky people born in June have a choice of THREE gemstones! If you were born in June, you have three intriguing birthstones to choose from: pearl jewelry, moonstone jewelry, and alexandrite jewelry. Because alexandrite is one of nature’s rarest gemstones, most birthstone jewelry lovers born in this month will gravitate toward pearl and moonstone.
In both the Julian and Gregorian calendars, June is the sixth month of the year. It is the second of four months to have a length of 30 days, and it is the third of five months to have a duration of fewer than 31 days.
Do you want to learn more about June’s birthstones? You can find out everything you need to know about these delightful gems right here. What exactly are June birthstones? What is the origin of June birthstones? The three exquisite gemstones designated for June birthdays are pearl, moonstone, and alexandrite.
What exactly does the month of June have for its traditional birthstone?
Pearl, alexandrite, and moonstone are the three stones that represent the month of June birthstones. As a result of the wide range of hues and prices at which these gems are available, persons whose birthdays are in June have the opportunity to select a birthstone that not only complements their personality but also their financial situation.
Meanings of Birthstones
Birthstones have been associated with folklore throughout history. They, like zodiac signs, detail various symbolic powers and qualities. Wearing your birthstone connects you to the qualities it represents, according to popular belief. Many people today do not believe in the mythical healing powers of birthstones. However, their symbolic significance is still valued. In general, birthstone jewelry is thought to bring good fortune to those born in the month.
Why are there three birthstones in June?
The June birthstones are pearl, alexandrite, and moonstone. Because many historical stones have become too rare to be sold on the market and to suit customer preferences, some months contain multiple birthstones. Pearl, moonstone, and alexandrite are June’s three birthstones; the only other month with three birthstones is December. December’s Birthstones are turquoise, zircon, and tanzanite.
June’s birthstones are all stunning in their own right. Each of the three June birthstones has its own symbolic meaning as well. Moonstone June Birthstone Jewelry and alexandrite June Birthstone Jewelry are new additions to the list of birthstones. Pearls and moonstones have a long history, whereas Alexandrite is a relatively new discovery. Indeed, it has gained traction in recent decades.
The June birthstones (pearl alexandrite and moonstone) are all from different parts of the world.
Pearls can be found in waters off the coasts of China, Japan, Australia, the Philippines, and French Polynesia. Alexandrite, on the other hand, has always been restricted to Russia’s mountains.
However, a significant deposit was discovered in Brazil. The United States, Brazil, and India are among the top moonstone exporters. The color of this June birthstone or moonstone jewelry changes depending on the lighting. It can appear green like an emerald during the day, but it also has a blue sheen in fluorescent light and a purple sheen in incandescent light.
- Alexandrite: The June Birthstone Alexandrite is thought to be both unbreakably strong and to increase self-esteem.
- Pearl: The June birthstone pearl, has long been a symbol of purity.
- Moonstone: The June Birthstone Moonstone brings prosperity, amplifies passion, and balances the negative and positive sides of the mind.
- Alexandrite Birthstone: There is a rare form of the mineral chrysoberyl known as alexandrite that may alter its appearance according to the surrounding light. In daytime or fluorescent light, alexandrite birthstones can seem a vibrant green to blue-green, but in incandescent light, they display a strong crimson to purple red color. The latter is considered to be the most desirable.
- Pearl Birthstone: Because real pearls that are precisely round, and smooth are so rare, people often use the word "pearl" to refer to anything that is unique and precious. Natural pearls, which are formed in the wild without the intervention of humans, are the rarest and most valuable type of pearl.
- Moonstone Birthstone: In point of fact, moonstone is a genuine gemstone. It belongs to the orthoclase feldspar family of minerals, which also contains labradorite, sunstone, rainbow moonstone, and amazonite, amongst others. Orthoclase and albite are the two minerals that are used to construct moonstones. These minerals are found within the stone in stacked layers.
What is the most well-known birthstone associated with June?
Although alexandrite and moonstone are also regarded to be birthstones for the month of June, the pearl is the birthstone that is most generally linked with the month of June. This lovely gem is the June birthstone, and it comes from the waters of the world's seas, lakes, and rivers. It is a classic piece that never goes out of style and is liked by ladies of all ages. The history of pearls was a topic of great interest to our ancestors. Pearls were said to have originated as tears that had fallen from heaven by ancient peoples from the Middle East. The ancient Chinese had a superstition that the brain of a dragon was the source of the June birthstone. Pearls were believed to have been created by mollusks using dew during the time of Christopher Columbus and his contemporaries.