St. Patrick's Day is not just about sporting green or indulging in sweets green-themed, but it is a reasonably popular tendency to have a green drink or two as a tribute to the Irish. Additionally, we would like to extend to you our most heartfelt best wishes for St. Patrick's Day!
Even though the date of this holiday comes in the middle of Lent, eating meat was permitted, and a traditional dinner consisting of Irish bacon and cabbage was enjoyed by everyone. This holiday is observed on March 17, which is believed to be the date that Saint. Patrick passed away. Saint Patrick is honored in Ireland as the country's patron saint, in large part because he is believed to be the individual who was responsible for introducing Christianity to the Irish people.
Although heading to church in the morning and then having a feast in the afternoon was the conventional way to commemorate this holiday, more recent years have seen a shift away from that particular aspect of the celebration. Today's more appropriate celebrations include donning green clothing to prevent being snatched, delighting in green foods (even if they are not naturally green!), and having a good time at a party. We have compiled a list of the best St. Patrick's Day greetings for you to use in a letter or as a direct salutation. If you would prefer to commemorate this holiday without drinking green beer, you can use this list instead.
Popular St. Patrick's Day Well Wishes
- Top o' the morning to ye!
- Wishing you a wee bit o' fun and a whole lot o' luck this St. Patrick's Day!
- Wishing you all the luck o' the Irish this St. Patrick's Day!
- Wishing you lots of cheer, beer, and Irish blessings!
- Wishing you a pot of gold and all the joy your heart can hold!
- Wishing for a leprechaun to cross your way today and bless you with a pot of gold!
- You look good in green, happy St. Patrick's Day!
- Wishing blessings for you and yours! May happiness never leave your side.
- May you find lots of gold at the end of your rainbow.
- May you enjoy many Irish blessings this St. Patrick's Day!
- May the luck of the Irish chase you down as you chase your rainbows.
- May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.
- May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow and may trouble avoid you wherever you go!
- May luck be on your side this St. Patrick's Day!
- May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
- May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty and our ale never turn musty!
- May the road rise up to meet you this St. Patrick's Day.
- May your best day of your past be the worst day of your future. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- May the lilt of Irish laughter lighten your St. Patrick's Day!
- May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of St. Patrick behold you.
- For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way: Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day.
- May the roof above us never fall in. And may the friends fathered below it never fall out.
- May your troubles be less. And your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness come through your door.
- May you have all the happiness and luck that life can hold, and at the end of your rainbows may you find a pot of gold.
- May you find all the hidden treasures of the leprechauns this St. Patrick's Day!
Popular St. Patrick's Day Irish Sayings
- Here's to you and here's to me, I pray that friends we'll always be, but if by chance we disagree, the heck with you and here's to me
- I found my pot of gold when I found you!
- I'm not Irish, but kiss me anyway!
- Having you for a friend means that I’ve been granted the luck O’ the Irish!
- To all the days here and after, may they be filled with fond memories, happiness and laughter.
- Everyone's Irish on St. Paddy's Day!
- If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- I'm lucky to have you as a friend! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.
- A wish that every day for you will be happy from the start and may you always have good luck and a song within your heart!
- There are good ships and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they ever be!
- Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you.