The Irish Claddagh symbolizes unwavering love and faith. The Claddagh design first originated thousands of years ago. The Claddagh Ringis an old Irish ring with two hands holding a heart, surmounted by a crown. According to Irish heritage, the claddagh symbolizes love, loyalty and friendship. The hands represent "friendship", the heart represents "love", and the crown represents "loyalty". Imagine Ireland in the days long ago when a young man named Richard Joyce was captured and sold into slavery from the fishing village of Claddagh off the coast of Ireland. Can you imagine how many years passed while Richard Joyce wondered if his true love waited. As the years wore on he stole tiny bits of gold from his master to make her a ring. He fashioned a heart for love, a crown for loyalty and hands holding heart as a symbol of friendship. Can you just picture the tiny first claddagh ring being made? After many years he returned home to the village of Claddagh Ireland. To his magical delight he discovered his true love had waited for him. He gave her the ring as a symbol of love, loyalty and friendship forever known now as the Claddagh Ring.
Irish or not, if you want to give a token of your friendship, love and loyalty that has meaning, claddagh jewelry may be the choice for you. Claddagh jewelry designs are one of the most distinguished and original styles of Irish jewelrywith symbolic importance to Irish culture. Claddagh Rings are world renowned, and are worn by both men and women, single or taken. From Claddagh pendants, Claddagh earrings and even to Claddagh bracelets, today many Irish jewelers like The Irish Jewelry Company carry a wide variety of jewelry that adds a modern touch to a classic Irish tradition.
Five Popular Types of Claddagh Jewelry
- Claddagh rings, are often mistakenly spelt Clatter Ring or Clodagh Ring, like it sounds (Irish: fÃ¡inne Chladaigh) is a traditional Irish ring. The Claddagh ringÂ is one of Irelandâ€™s best known symbols of love. There is an old Irish saying that goes, "With These hands, I give you my heart and crown it with my love" .
- Birthstone Claddagh Jewelry, like Birthstone Claddagh Rings and Pendants marks a special occasion like a graduation or anniversary or to expresses your personal philosophy. Since ancient times, birthstones have been thought to possess a magical force that could shield the wearer of the stone.Â Combining the lucky of the Irish with the mysterious forces of the birthstone jewelry creates a powerful talisman that can truly be a personal statement for the wearer. Learn about the birthstone chart, birthstone meaning and birthstones by month.
- The mothers claddagh jewelry collection is an unassuming stylized mother and child embrace representative of the Madonna and child. The mothers claddagh combines a traditional Irish claddagh it is a testament to the enduring bond between a mother, her child, faith and their Irish heritage. A mother's love is immeasurable. She has great dreams for her children and she patiently stands by as she watches them chase them. She is there to see them soar and she catches them when they fall. She might not always be perfect but in the end she will always be there. She is a devoted mother and a mothers claddagh pendant represents that.
- The Diamond Claddagh Infinity Necklace brilliantly captures the essence of the infinity sign and Irish Claddagh. A symbol of eternal friendship, love and loyalty. An infinity jewelry symbol represents all that is eternal and timeless.Â When you give a Diamond Claddagh Infinity Necklace you pledge your infinite love and loyalty.
- The Celtic Couples Claddagh Pendant pledges your eternal love. The Claddagh is a traditional Irish symbol representing loyalty, friendship, and love. The Celtic Couples Claddagh Pendant is the perfect gift for that special someone in your life.
Claddagh jewelry and Claddagh rings are now available in a birthstone jewelry series making the perfect gift for mothers or daughters. Gorgeous and intricate Claddagh earrings every woman will love and appreciate plus much more. The Irish Jewelry Company has exclusive Claddagh Jewelry designs inspired by the Irish tradition of the Claddagh started in Ireland long ago. Beautiful luxurious designs crafted with precision that's impossible to surpass at an affordable price.